Monday 28 July 2008

Hot Hot Hot!!!


It’s true what they say about time flying, met some old friends this weekend that hadn’t seen for ‘a bit’, which we realised was in one case six years!!! So on one of hottest days of year when everyone else is heading out of London, we’re heading into the centre!

All this heat and going out is playing havoc with my glass making schedule, waited until half nine in the evening to get an hour’s torch time before I melted in front of it. Still having problems with the tips of earrings cracking, I keep having the glass running too hot and loosing the top definition. Adding insult to injury the lovely ‘Victorian’ amber and lilac set I made have gone and chipped! Argh! It seems all I’m making at the moment is scrap glass.

On a positive note I’ve decided to play with some pendant designs. It was such a revelation to see one of my ‘rejects’ turned into a pendant by mother-in-law who came locust-like to grab any beads she could get away with. I had a quick play again with some of the double helix glass that’s supposed to change colour, but has only been turning brown or white. Yay! Managed to get some great blues, light browns, and a tiny thread of copper turned up in one! I am going to have to play with that some more, and figure out how I did that and get more metals in there. Shame it’s so darn expensive else I’d do loads to see what comes out.

No comments: